Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Reflections on the Geolympix

Alas, the Geolympix is over (but the Olympics are in full swing!) but wow, what an amazing event. A huge congratulations and thanks to all the planners who made this event such a success. I managed to achieve quite a few self-set targets including the 11 icons in 11 hours challenge! Woooooooooo-hoooooooooooooooo! Cheesescones and I only started to doubt we would do it when we thought our Wherigo-compatible device was going to fail on us, but no, with CarSim97 too, we did it! Also managed to colour in Northamptonshire on our counties map, get the oldest cache in England and buy a super-cool T-shirt and all 10 PuzTox (will write a separate entry on these). Over the weekend I attended a total of 5 events and if I'd been able to stick around longer, I'd have done more. Shame we couldn't do the "marathon" rings, but Coombe Hill was such an awesome target for Monday, I'm glad we had the weather for it too. To cap it all off, I even bagged a challenge cache on the way home. Thanks mellers! Wouldn't have known about it otherwise!

Here are some photo highlights of my Geolympix weekend:
The Flash-Mob event attendees bright and early at 8am on Sunday morning - most are probably here for the 11 in 11 challenge, getting both the event and webcam icons. The locals gave us some pretty odd looks!

This has to be the best Virtual I've ever done!

The hard-to-track down roaming Cuckoo Cache, logged at last!

I have long needed this T-shirt!

Last year I met Jeremy and this year I met Bryan. Just one founder left...

My oldest cache yet, beating First in Wales by a month: View From Coombe Hill in Buckinghamshire

Another challenge in the bag: AJ's Caching Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment