Pages

Saturday 11 August 2012

A Year Lost to Geocaching - and I've loved it!

On 4th June 2012 I finally managed to colour in every single date on my caching calendar. Why did I do this? Well, apart from the completeness factor, I was aiming to pick up a nearby Challenge cache, A Year, Lost! by Mario McTavish, one who has cached for well over 1000 days straight now (nutter!). If I'd had the time, and the determination I would have wanted to get at least one cache a day for a year, but as it was I only sought to fill holes in my calendar not previously filled from previous years. I am glad I left this cache for a milestone, namely 1600, and I think I will continue to aim for a challenge cache at every 100 milestone unless something really special pops up (e.g. a Mega, a highly-favourited cache, a historic cache, etc.) So what will be my next milestone? Thinking either Caching Olympics Bronze (find 25 caches in a day - achieved), Elementary challenge (get GC codes with element symbols in them) or International cacher challenge (cache in six countries).


No comments:

Post a Comment