Pages

Thursday 3 May 2012

Token mushrooms

American geocachers seem to be pretty big on token items that cachers leave behind in caches as a way of showing that they've been there, in addition to signing the log. I've not really seen this here in the UK, with the exception of business card style "We found it" notes which are pretty cool, but can quickly clutter up a cache and tend to go a bit manky when exposed to the elements.

I've never really given much thought to token items although I did wonder if it would be practical to leave a little carved mushroom or something in the caches I find. I couldn't work out how I would do that (cheaply!) so I stopped considering it.

Until ukgeocachers.co.uk advertised personalised engraved wooden tags. I drew a picture of a couple of 'shrooms and got them engraved. The service I received was top quality. Not only did I get a nice batch of tags sent to me, but they came straight away too! Now I've just got to start leaving them somewhere. I hope the happy mushrooms bring a smile to future cachers' faces!


3 comments:

  1. Very nice, like the idea of these

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would you get on yours, Bernie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a TB Called "Bernie The Walker" and I would probably try something like that. I also have a model "I walked the Wall" on my desk at work which looks similar. :-)

    ReplyDelete