Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2012

CITO in the rain!

Sunday morning brought the much-anticipated Meon Shore CITO event!

Not the best time to decide to go do a clean-up operation, but we turned out in our masses despite the constant rain! I'd never done a CITO (Cache In Trash Out) event before but even though I got soaked through, I still had fun. I must admit I was not expecting to find anything bigger than the odd can, but wow, we got loads of stuff including a discarded lobster box next to a field, several metres of weed-entwined wire, and a hefty amount of loft insulation.



Will I attend a CITO event again? - Without a doubt! I think I might try to get into the habit of carrying a carrier bag with me when caching so I can practice CITO whilst looking for ordinary caches more easily. I want us geocachers to give off the right impression that we do genuinely care about the environment and that our little boxes in the woods are not rubbish (because they have a purpose) but that we don't like careless litter which is not only ugly but also detrimental to wildlife. Let's look after our surroundings!

No comments:

Post a Comment