Pages

Saturday 10 August 2013

Memories of the Midlands Mega

A big thanks to cheesescones for making the weekend of the West Midlands Mega 2013 (3rd August) a fantastic experience in every way, with loads of familiar faces met, merchandise bought, trackables discovered, Jasmer and D/T stats increased and of course superb caches found!

At "Glorious Gloucestershire" for my third oldest find to date.

This year's main event was at the Heritage Motor Museum in Gaydon, Warwickshire with a number of side events too. Almost unintentionally we ended up doing 11 icons in a day yet again (we'd aimed for this at the Geolympix in Oxford last year!) and it was nice to get another web cam and Wherigo, personally. A couple of CITOs were welcome too, although I have yet to do a CITO in a litter-laden area although I can suggest a few areas! I'm not much of a planner so if anyone wants to hold a CITO, contact me and I'll make some recommendations!

My most unusual find during my CITO milestone - a very waterlogged "30" wreath!

Cheesescones and I both hit a minor milestone whilst away, and both of us managed to make a CITO (one each) the milestone itself. Many miles were covered into various surrounding counties to pick up unusual D/T combos and very old caches. Exhausting, all in all, but fantastic. Hope to be at the Kent one next year. Think Scotland's a little out of my reasonable distance to travel!

A Mega log book!

No comments:

Post a Comment