Pages

Friday 23 December 2011

Treasured Trackables

Now I'm not massively into geocaching trackables. I enjoy finding Travel Bugs and Geocoins in caches and moving them on if possible, and if not, then just discovering them. I have to admit that I haven't found nearly as many trackables in Hampshire caches as in Welsh ones, but I don't really know why. Perhaps I was more likely to be a FTF, STF or TFT in Swansea so I would see trackables trying to get moving quickly.

Anyway, while I like to send off a Travel Bug or two once in a while - with or without a mission - I've learnt that Geocoins are more likely to go missing and so I only tend to buy coins that I want to keep hold of now. I'm not a Geocoin hoarder, by any stretch of the imagination, but I have twelve coins (well, two are tags) which I will not be parting company with. Cachers are more than welcome to discover them, however. Below is my rather pitiful collection!



1. 100 Cache Finds: to commemorate a wonderful cache I did in the United Arab Emirates at the heart of a maze in the city. It was called Amazin' Abu Dhabi.

2. 250 Cache Finds: not a particularly exciting cache itself, but I remember that I found it during my first ever geocaching event, Mollyjak Gets Her Bus Pass!

3. 500 Cache Finds: I will never forget the cache this commemorates - Wind Farm Wilderness with cheesescones and cloudspotter.

4. 1000 Cache Finds: To commemorate the 2011 Mega Event in my old home of Swansea. Fantastic in every way.

5. South Wales Geocachers Geocoin: I thought this coin was beautiful the moment I set eyes on it. I was a bit late in getting hold of one, but thankfully Matrix managed to get hold of one for me. Superb - not letting this one go, although I've seen one out on an adventure.

6. Mega Wales 2011 Geocoin: Pretty self-explanatory. Thanks to Daidragon for this one.

7. Dai Dragon's Marvin Geocoin: Again, thanks Daidragon. A stunning coin - very weighty! - with a photo of his gorgeous owl, Marvin, on the back. I've sent another version of this coin out on its travels.

8. X-Files Geocoin: Found a coin of this design in a cache down the Gower. As an X-Phile myself, I really wanted this coin! The reverse design is based on the famous "I Want To Believe" poster of Mulder's. I asked the owner where they got their coin and was directed to a German website from which I got my own copy.

9. Jeremy tag: Not letting this one go! Geocaching.com founder Jeremy Irish gave me his personal tag at Mega Wales 2011.

10. Raine tag: In conjunction with the Jeremy tag, this was given to me by Raine, another Groundspeak Lackey.

11. iPhone Geocoin: Discovered a coin like this at Mushroom Mike's Caching Foray and loved the design. Waited until I found a cheapish one on eBay and snatched one up for myself. I love the fact that instead of Apps, there are cache types! I use an iPhone for geocaching on occasion so it's particularly App.ropriate :P

12. BadgeGen Geocoin: To say that I am interested in my geocaching stats is an understatement. I regularly go back to BadgeGen to see how well I'm doing and which badge to focus on next. When I found they sold their own Geocoin (with free global postage!) I ordered one in from Canada immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment