Pages

Friday 2 December 2011

Half-Jasmer ready to go!


Yesterday I made the mad decision to go caching fifty miles away (as the crow flies, so actually further). Why? One cache. The First King of England, Bath is my nearest cache to home which was placed in December 2002. A gaping hole in my Jasmer table, December 2002 needed colouring in. Now all that remains is all of 2000 and most of 2001. Technically this is all still possible to colour in, but most of these are not in this country let alone near Hampshire. But the reason why I wanted to do my Jasmer all the way back to January 2002 is because I have grand plans to make a challenge cache using a very large ammo can as the reward and I thought I ought not to be a hypocrite.

To be totally honest, it's been great fun doing my Jasmer - it's taken me to some fascinating places and most of the caches have been very good ones (hence why they have survived so long).

My plan is for cachers who want to claim this "Half-Jasmer Challenge" to find at least one cache from every month from January 2002 to December 2006 inclusive (60 months). It's a tough challenge, but I have found examples of caches from every required month in and around Hampshire for my challengers to go after, should they need inspiration.

Here's a map showing such examples of possible cache locations:


So the only thing standing in my way now is finding somewhere to actually put this cache!

No comments:

Post a Comment