Pages

Saturday 9 February 2013

The CN Tower


It's quite an icon and many people recognise the tallest tower in the western hemisphere, the CN Tower in Toronto, Ontario which stands at a total of 1,815ft. As I've said to loads of people on loads of occasions, I just adore tall structures and I got excited just going up the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth. This takes you to another level entirely (and literally) though.


Looking up at this wonder is breathtaking, then ascending rapidly in the elevator so that you're at the Indoor Observation Level (1,135ft) within a minute is great. From there you can eat in the revolving restaurant, drop a level (1,122ft) and to the Outdoor Observation Terrace or stand on the Glass Floor and look down, or you can take another lift up to the SkyPod (1,467ft) and observe Toronto from the highest possible place on land.


I had no qualms lying on the glass floor (skim back a few pages to see me on the glass floor of the Spinnaker) but it'll take some courage for me to try the Edge Walk outside, although I'd love to say I'd done it!

No comments:

Post a Comment