Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Double Digit Blockbusters

When this "Double Digit Blockbusters" cache got published not too far from home, I looked at the listing and quickly came to the conclusion that as amazing as it would be to claim this cache, it would probably not be for a few years yet. The idea is fantastic - well done Chilihouse! You have to make two lines, one vertical, one horizontal on your caching calendar with dates where you have found 10 or more caches. Looking at my own calendar, my heart sank. I'm working diligently on my 366 days of caching, which is coming along very nicely indeed, but to get dozens of days of double figures seems like an impossible challenge to me. That said, I did somehow pull the 30 Days and 30 Nights of Caching challenge out of the bag.

I have decided that the best way to tackle this Double Digit challenge though is to see which column and row have the most finds so far and then just fill in the gaps. That way I should generally not have to look for too many caches on each day that needs work. Doing the vertical column will be what takes up my time - we're talking at least a year - but the horizontal is what will drain my stamina. How will I do a month of getting several caches a day? Easier if you're not in full-time work!

So here's the edit I have made of my caching calendar, providing a rough plan of how I intend to complete my grid so that I qualify.

It might be worth me trying to fill in boxes early, if possible, so that if I fail, I still have a back-up a day or so later (for example, I need to find seven caches on 7th August, but if for whatever reason I manage to find nine on 6th August, I won't have to get any on the 7th... but if I don't get my target on 6th, I've got a backup of the 7th, if you see what I mean).

Whatever, I wonder if this is an achievable target for this year or whether I will still be working on it in a year's time. I don't need to worry about working on this challenge until 5th May, if I stick to this plan, but anything's a bonus so I should get out and find loads of caches every day! Ha, if only...

No comments:

Post a Comment