Pages

Monday 27 February 2012

Geocaching events abroad!


I've never really considered going to a geocaching event abroad before but when I was looking at my nearby options for caching in Madeira, I noticed a quick half-hour event held by another tourist which was going to be on while I was there so I thought "Why not?" and logged my "Will Attend".

The event in question, Fantasia Event Madeira, was kindly arranged by Danish cacher snabelvasker and during my attendance, there was a mixture of nationalities present including one Dutch and two Portuguese. I believe more locals turned up after I'd gone. What a great idea to hold mini-events when stopping off at ports whilst cruising. Might have to make an attempt to do likewise if ever I go on a cruise.

The photo below shows us total strangers bonding over our common interest of seeking out Tupperware in the woods! I love geocaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment