Pages

Friday 6 January 2012

Industry at night

I don't know how unusual this is, but I love industrial structures. Well, as said below in my Spinnaker entry, I love tall buildings. But this extends to tall structures (e.g. cranes, towers, chimneys, pylons, masts etc.) and large structures (e.g. huge ships, huge bridges, huge mountains even). I can't help but gawp at industrial structures as they are usually large and spectacular, even if a lot of people think they're an eyesore (unsurprisingly I love wind turbines!) I love Port Talbot's steelworks, the cooling towers at Didcot, the oil refinery at Fawley... Well if there's one thing that makes huge industrial structures even more appealing to me, it's seeing them at night. I was so captivated by the sight I got this evening of the cranes at the docks in Southampton that I had to try and get a photo - not easy at night; could have done with a tripod! By the way, that eerie colour of the sky was less apparent in real life, but I think it looks pretty good, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment