Pages

Sunday 12 August 2012

A strange experience in East Grimstead...

Now I used to live a few miles away from a town called East Grinstead in Sussex so when I was driving through Wiltshire yesterday, I was very surprised to see a small village called East Grimstead. What was even more bizarre was what greeted me as I drove through it.



First I noticed that there were two incredibly creepy mannequins outside someone's house. I took a photo but it scares the crap out of me so much that just looking at it again, let alone reposting it here would be nothing short of masochism. Slightly (and only slightly) less creepy was the straw-made effigies of Red Riding Hood and the wolf near a Silver Jubilee memorial.



A little further along was a giant snail on someone's hedge. I only caught a glimpse as I drove by, but when I came back I had to pull over for a better look.



It was only then that I realised the nearby phone box had no phone, but instead a selection of books, presumably for exchange. I had a look at the titles but nothing took my fancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment